Kingston's vision of being a smart, livable, 21st-century city is fast becoming a reality.
History innovation thrives in the dynamic city located along the beautiful shores of Lake Ontario, an easy drive from Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal, in the heart of eastern Ontario. With a stable and diversified economy that includes global corporations, innovative startups and all levels of government, Kingston's high quality-of-life offers access to world-class education and research institutions, advanced healthcare facilities, affordable living and vibrant entertainment and tourism activities.
Kingston is home to:
- Queen's University, the Royal Military College of Canada and St. Lawrence College (they have the most PhD graduates per capita and the "smartest" workforce in Canada).
- Fort Henry and the Kingston Fortifications.
- The resting-place of Sir John A. Macdonald, Canada's first Prime Minister.
- Vibrant arts, entertainment, recreation and leisure communities.
- Festivals! Events! Attractions!
- Burgeoning green technologies and alternative energy sectors. They were the first Canadian City to adopt a protocol for sustainable energy procurement.
- The best freshwater sailing harbour in North America which hosted the 1976 Olympic sailing events.
- A healthy and bustling downtown core offering a variety of independent shops and superb restaurants.
- Beautiful parks, trails and strolls steeped in history free for everyone's active enjoyment.
To better help you around Kingston, we have provided a guide to the Top businesses in the city that we are sure will leave you feeling like a king. Here is your guide to Summer in Kingston of 2018:
Fardella's Classic Bakery and Internet Cafe - Top Cafe & Eatery
Megalos Restaurant - Top Family Retaurant
GOItalian Restaurant - Top Italian Restaurant
Gino's Pizza Bayridge - Top Pizzeria
5678 Dance Studio - Top Dance School
Mercury Strength and Conditioning - Top Fitness Club
James Brett Coiffure - Top Hair Salon
Moksha Yoga Kingston - Top Yoga Studio